Institutional-Repository, University of Moratuwa.  

Design a contingency electricity feeding plan a case study : Dehiwala area

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisor Hemapala, U
dc.contributor.author Kumara, GKA
dc.date.accessioned 2017-01-10T03:45:21Z
dc.date.available 2017-01-10T03:45:21Z
dc.identifier.uri http://dl.lib.mrt.ac.lk/handle/123/12208
dc.description.abstract CEB is mainly Electricity Generating, Distributing and solely Electricity Transmitting organization in Sri Lanka. Few years back, main target of CEB was to achieve 100% electrification level and was not greatly concerned about the reliability of electricity supply. Presently Sri Lanka has achieved 96% electrification level [01]. It is expected to reach 100% with in next few years. Presently CEB is providing electricity supply to 90% consumers and LECO is providing electricity to the remaining 10% consumers in Sri Lanka [02]. Once electricity is there the consumers will be more concerned about supply reliability. Nowadays most human activities depend on the electricity supply availability. Therefore electricity service providers need to provide reliable supply to consumers. Electricity supply reliability can be improved providing N-1, N-2, and N-3 electricity feeding plans. At least CEB need to provide N-1 electricity feeding arrangement to their consumers. Dehiwala area is selected for case study to observe the availability of N-1 feeding arrangement and find new proposals if it is not available. This study is done only for MV lines. All peak load details of transformers were collected and model the MV network for year 2014 through Synergee software. Then acceptable growth rate was applied and forecasted SynerGEE model for year 2020 was created. Based on that the availability of N-1 feeding arrangement for model of year 2020 was examined. New suggestions have been proposed considering availability, construction ability and cost where N-1 feeding arrangement is not available. Cost estimation also was prepared these sites. SAIDI value has been calculated for before and after implementing the proposals. It is clearly noted that SAIDI is improved considerably after implementing the new proposals. Three common models are developed to extend this study for other Distribution areas. en_US
dc.language.iso en en_US
dc.title Design a contingency electricity feeding plan a case study : Dehiwala area en_US
dc.type Thesis-Abstract en_US
dc.identifier.faculty Engineering en_US
dc.identifier.degree M.Sc. en_US
dc.identifier.department Department of Electrical Engineering en_US
dc.date.accept 2015
dc.identifier.accno 109308 en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record